Saturday 25 October 2014

Making a pallet plant stand!

 I really wanted a plant stand in our garden to fill a corner of the top part of our garden. After doing a bit of research I found that they were really over priced!
My dad can get pallets from his work and they are always in good condition and really strong! I decided on the design ( kept it simple) and asked my dad to saw it for me and nail it together.



You can see how we cut the pallets when you look at the pictures. We put 3 strips of wood at the bottom and 2 on the top. We used spare parts from the same pallet to make the side bits.

At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the finished product but I continued to make it as it didn't cost that much!
I went to Wilkinson to buy Cuprinol garden shades paint in Pale Jasmine colour and gave it 3 coats. The only downside about using pallets is that the paint really soaks into the wood. I hadn't discovered Annie Sloan when I made this otherwise I would have used that!



This is a picture of when it was first put out in our garden. I purchased all of the galvanised planters from Homebase and planted lavender in the jug and then seasonal colour in the other planters.

 
Every time I look at it I smile because it is so pretty and I only had to buy the paint which was £10 and I have a lot left over to use on something else. I am planning on making some other things for the garden using pallets in the spring time, with the help of my dad of course!
 Picture below is later on in the summer on a glorious day!
 











1 comment:

  1. I've seen these types of plant stands in a bunch of different gardens. I think they look really nice. It's interesting to see that people are going back to plant stands, but with a modern flare. My wife has been wanting to adorn our garden with some plant stands lately. I think this is the kind of style she's been looking for. http://www.onlinebarginsmall.biz/default.asp?dept_id=30020

    ReplyDelete